There are the following storage systems available on the market, like primarily Li-ion batteries and lead batteries. In addition, there are other types of storage, such as salt water batteries or redox flow batteries that are offered.
A storage battery is basically characterized by the following parameters:
- Nominal capacity (kWh): The nominal capacity expresses the maximum amount of energy that is theoretically stored in the battery. It does not correspond to usable capacity.
- Usable capacity (kWh): The usable capacity is the capacity actually available during operation, taking into account the depth of discharge.
- Efficiency: The efficiency is the ratio of withdrawn to supplied energy.
- Service life, number of full cycles: The number of full cycles indicates the number of possible loading and unloading of the storage tank up to a defined loss of useful capacity (usually 20% to 30%). The service life of a memory is determined by its number of full cycles.
- Depth of discharge: The depth of discharge of a storage system indicates how much the storage system can be discharged without reducing the service life of the battery.
The number of full cycles, efficiency and depth of discharge can vary with different cell types and the same nominal capacities. The storage price per kilowatt hour takes these differences into account and thus makes the systems easier to compare. There are currently over 320 systems on the market from a total of approx. 30 manufacturers in the current market overview of the available storage units from C.A.R.M.E.N. e.V. to find.
How you benefit
- You will receive practical advice on system definition
- An extensive preliminary measurement for system design
- You do not have to write any funding applications
- You will receive a grant of up to 40% as investment support
What we offer
- An extensive analysis
- Economic efficiency assessment as a basis for decision-making
- One contact person from system design to installation
Background from the experiences
In all of our projects with an energy storage system, energy costs were reduced by 15 to 60 percent. The savings are based on the use of the storage system, but also on the optimization of the load profile.
With our experience from over 10 years of management consultancy, we advise you competently and in an implementation and solution-oriented manner.